Wednesday, August 6, 2014

"The King and The Bride"

"I will make Thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise Thee for ever and ever." (Psalms 45:17) It is hard to imagine how the God of the universe and we His people shall become one, but it will happen, because Jesus has said so. If we could only see what that might look like, maybe then we could love one another as we should, and not get so upset with each other's imperfections. You know, I sometimes miss those stupid arguments with my wife; although I hated them then, they did seem to add some drama into our marriage; and sometimes they actually caused us to hold each other more dearly, knowing how fragile a relationship can become. And then again, if you have a relationship that is in Christ, then your not just married to each other, you have Jesus in the mix; a three-strand rope that cannot be broken without taking the three apart. Yesterday on To Every Man An Answer, I heard them answer a woman that knew who Jesus was, but was having issues with someone that refused to believe that He was God. The pastors had nuggets of information to refute those that might not believe, but the most powerful point that was made was from John 8:24, "for if ye believe not that I am He, ye shall die in your sins." The N.L.T has it as, "for unless you believe that I AM who I claim to be, you will die in your sins." Pretty much cut and dry point that Jesus made; you either believe Him to be God manifested in the flesh, or you don't; those that don't, die in their sins. In case you don't know what die in your sins actually means, it means that you are not washed by the blood of Jesus Christ, and that your name is not written in the Lamb's Book of Life; meaning that your going to get judged for your sin, and you will end up in the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15). I know that might some harsh, but it's the truth; but Jesus can set you free from the fate that awaits, because He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life; but you must believe He is who He claimed to be. If you are having trouble believing that He is God, then you might need intervention, the intervention of the Holy Spirit upon your heart and mind, so that you can actually see the Truth; such an intervention can only happen if you are truly Born Again... "Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love Me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither I came I of myself, but He sent Me. Why do ye not understand My speech? even because ye cannot hear My word. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do: he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own; for he is a liar, and the father of it. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe Me not. Which of you convinceth Me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe Me? He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God." (John 8:42-47)

No comments:

Post a Comment