Saturday, August 9, 2014

"Our Invincible God"

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalms 46:1) I know you know what I am talking about; better yet, you know what the Lord is talking about, since the church of Ephesus did display many fruits of the Spirit, yet they lacked one important ingredient, "First Love". It might be up for debate what "first love" might be referring to; was it our first love we felt for Jesus Christ, or was it love in general? I am convinced that it was not love in general, because I believe that is something God works into us and is the fruit of the Spirit, like patience or longsuffering, meekness or kindness; all of which are the things that we are taught to do by the Holy Spirit, but falling in love with Jesus happens in an instant. Anywho; as to whether God is near or far, as I opened with yesterday, there are many verses in the Bible that indicate He is not always so accessible, such as Paul's description of God's holiness in 1 Timothy 6:16, saying, "Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see". Or Isaiah 45:15, which speaks from another angle, saying, "Verily Thou art a God that hidest Thyself. O God of Israel, the Saviour." As for me, the day that I accepted Jesus into my heart, Jesus Christ exploded into my heart; in other words, it was not a faint little twinkling of a light, it was Light that exploded, almost as if it where as in the time of creation, when God said, "Let there be Light". That is pretty much the only way I know how describe it, almost as if the switch was turned on and darkness fled; in that very instant, Jesus Christ was revealed to me as who He is, and the love I felt for Him was indescribable. Looking up the meaning of the word "invincible", it's number one meaning is that of being "to strong or skillful to be defeated"; which is something that best describes the power that I felt came with that Light, as if that Light which exploded within me was power, power to powerful to be stopped or to powerful to be contained; and at the very same time, I realized that this very same power was only a tiny glimmer of His Light, and was nothing to be compared with His Light that we will experience in His presence. This takes me to my next thought, as in our want to contact God, being that He is this incredible Light... "For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, Him declare I unto you. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though He needed any thing, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; and hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; that they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after Him, and find Him, though He be not far from every one of us: For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are His offspring." (Acts 17:23-28)

No comments:

Post a Comment