Monday, August 11, 2014

"Invincibility"

"Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried away into the midst of the sea; though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah." (Psalms 46:2 & 3) When it comes to knowing how invincible our God is, we can not only take refuge in His ability to get us through anything, but we can also withstand anything ourselves, if we truly are trusting in God. There is really nothing in or of this earth that can touch our eternal life that we have in Jesus Christ, absolutely nothing! Oh, you say a 100 mile wide rock is falling to the earth? that's okay, because this is really not where I want to be anyways. I mean really, how can we say that God is God, and yet at the same time become afraid to die? Are you afraid to die? I want to continue to care for my wife; other than that, I am waiting for death to come knocking. Several of these things will come to pass, and I do hope that I am not here when that happens; not because I might have any fear of them happening, but because I believe those that are here when they happen missed the rapture, and are going through the great tribulation. Besides that, when it is our time to go, then it's our time to go; and if it's not our time to go, then nothing can take us out; it's really up to God and His purpose for our life. The biggest question that we need to ask ourselves concerning our position, is that of security: are we secure in Christ? If we have truly given our lives over to Jesus, and our sins are forgiven, then the answer is yes, and absolutely nothing can take us from His hand. The second biggest question that needs to be settled in our hearts and minds, is that of our home: where is it that we want to call home? And if heaven is our home, then what does that actually mean?
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep My saying, he shall never see death." (John 8:51)

No comments:

Post a Comment